UPM Bioforce Trainee 2020
During the summer you will gain valuable experience from your own field of study. We offer versatile and responsible tasks in an international company that builds for a more sustainable tomorrow? We are inspired by the limitless opportunities offered by the bioeconomy, and we lead the way towards a future beyond fossils. Join us on this exciting path!
We are now looking for Bioforce Trainees to join us in our locations in UK, Germany or Uruguay. The traineeship is targeted for students with three or more years of studies in a Finnish university or university of applied sciences (see details in "Who you are").
The UPM Bioforce traineeship is an opportunity to develop and challenge yourself in an international working environment abroad. You will be a part of the local team and come back stronger than ever with great experiences and a bunch of new skills and contacts. The traineeship is an excellent way to get to know UPM and the career opportunities we have to offer.
According to our experience the trainees do very well in their tasks and bring a great deal of new energy and concrete results to their working community so do not hesitate to apply.
What you’ll do
Bioforce trainees will be given a project on site related to the activities of the mill in question. The traineeship will last 3-4 months and starts in May-June 2020.
Destinations in 2020:
- United Kingdom: UPM Shotton Paper mill
- Germany: UPM Nordland Paper mill (knowledge of German is an asset)
- Uruguay: UPM Fray Bentos Pulp mill (knowledge of Spanish is an asset)
Who you are
- You are currently a student in a Finnish university or university of applied sciences with 3+ years of studies in a relevant field, for example process engineering
- You have working experience preferably from paper or pulp mill
- You are a student member of Finnish Forest Products Engineers' Association in Finland (application to join should be submitted by end of March)
- You have a proactive attitude and are curious for development and renewal
- You are fluent in both spoken and written English
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
Read more about the traineeship www.upm.com/bioforce
Submit your application no later than 14.2.2020. Remember to also include your CV and cover letter in the application. We will start processing the applications already during the application period.
Apply for trainee position via the link below:
We will interview the candidates in Helsinki at the end of February and the final selections are made latest by early April. We will contact all applicants when the selections have been made.
For support with submitting your application please contact HR Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or +35820414660