UPM Bioforce Trainee 2019
Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company, building a better future for us all? UPM leads the forest based bioindustry into a sustainable, innovation-driven, and exciting future. The competence, integrity and drive of our people make us unique. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
We are now looking for students for next summer to join us in our locations in UK or Germany. The program is targeted for students with three or more years of studies in a Finnish university or university of applied sciences.
The UPM Bioforce traineeship is an opportunity to develop and challenge yourself in an international working environment abroad. You will be a part of the local team and come back stronger than ever with great experiences and a bunch of new skills and contacts. The traineeship is also an excellent way to get to know UPM and the career opportunities we have to offer. According to our experience the trainees do very well in their tasks and bring a great deal of new energy and concrete results to their working community so do not hesitate to apply.
What you’ll do
Bioforce trainees will be given a project on site related to the activities of the mill in question. The traineeship will last 3-4 months and starts in May-June 2019.
Destinations in 2019:
- Germany: UPM Augsburg Paper mill
- Germany: UPM Plattling Paper mill
- Germany: UPM Schongau Paper mill
- United Kingdom: UPM Caledonian Paper mill
- United Kingdom: UPM Shotton Paper mill
UPM provides salary and round-trip travel tickets to the destination. The details will be discussed further in the interviews.
Who you are
- You are currently a student in a Finnish university or university of applied sciences with 3+ years of studies in a relevant field (e.g. Chemical Technology, Chemical Engineering, Forest Product Technology, Materials Technology, Bioproduct Technology)
- Previous experience from a paper or pulp mill is seen as an asset
- You are a student member of PI, Forest Products Engineers in Finland (application to join should be submitted by middle of March)
- You have a proactive attitude and are curious for development and renewal
- You are fluent in both spoken and written English
- You have good skills in German (for the positions in Germany)
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
Please apply via the apply button by 28.2.2019. Learn more about UPM and the application process - The Biofore company at www.upm.com.
We will interview the candidates in Helsinki at the end of March and the final selections are made by early April. We will contact all applicants when the selections have been made.
For support with submitting your application or questions about the application process please contact HR Service Center at email@example.com or +358204146600.