Welcome to listen and discuss the sustainable consuming trends for example in food packaging and the use of wood-based fibres in textile industry or as replacements for traditional plastics.
The PI`s Spring Summit and Annual Meeting will take place in Dipoli in Otaniemi on April 12th. The theme for Spring Summit highlights the consumer sustainability and wood-based solutions in mitigating the climate change. During coffee breaks, you will also have an opportunity to visit the Uusi puu project exhibition and review existing wood-based sustainable solutions for consumers. The lunch speech will be held by Johanna Buchert, President and CEO, Natural Resources Institute Finland.
Interesting and topical presentations will be held by
- Hanna Kalliomäki, Chairperson of Uusi puu project
- Mika Pantzar, Professor, University of Helsinki
- Maija Pohjakallio, Research Team Leader, VTT
- Kimmo Tiilikainen, Minister of the Environment, Energy and Housing
- Maija Aho, Global Sustainability Manager, Huhtamäki
- Niklas von Weymarn, CEO, Metsä Spring Oy
- Lauri Lehtonen, SVP Head of Innovation, Stora Enso Biomaterials
- Vesa Mikkonen, Technical director, Kaicell Fibers
After the Spring Summit, the evening continues at Dipoli with PI 105 Gala. Jussi Pesonen, President and CEO, UPM, will held the dinner speech. Register for PI 105 Gala here.
Have a look at the Spring Summit 2019 program and Register by March 31st.
Please enote, the presentations will be given in Finnish.
More information: Natalia Musina, natalia.musina(a)puunjalostusinsinoorit.fi.
After filling out the registration form, you will be redirected to the payment methods page. Payment methods are Net Banking, credit card or invoice. If you want to receive e-invoice to your company, please contact PI's office.
Cancellations must be done 10 days prior to the event. If cancelled later, 50 % of the fee will be invoiced. If not cancelled at all, the full fee will be invoiced (NB! Students 20 €).