Student Coordinator, Finnish Forest Products Engineer's Assocciation (PI)
We are looking for an energetic and active student coordinator to our PI team. In this role you will represent PI in your school. We offer you a great opportunity to get to know to the forest industry, an interesting and meaningful job and a possibility to network and advance. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Representing PI at your school's events. The events can be organized by your school, university assocciation or guild/club.
- Representing PI and helping with event planning in PI's events held in your campus area.
- Communication and marketing such as communication concerning different events and social media.
- Acting as a contact person between PI and your school's students.
- Ongoing studies in wood processing technology, bioproduct technology, chemical engineering, process engineering or something alike in a partner university or university of applied sciences* In addition you must be a member of some of our partner university association or guild/club.
- You are interested in forest industry and want to help others understand how cool the field is.
- Good Finnish and/or English language skills, other language knowledge is seen as an advantage. (Good Swedish language skill is also required in Åbo Akademi)
- Good communication skills and
- You like influencing and performing
*Our partner universities and universities of applied sciences are Aalto University, University of Oulu (OY), Åbo Akademi (ÅA), Tampere University (TAU), Tampere University of Applied Sciences (TAMK), LUT University and Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences (XAMK).
The partner assocciations or guilds/clubs from these universities and universities of applied sciences are The Assocciation of Process Engineering Students (Prosessiteekkarit ry), Forest Products Guild and Puumekanistikerho (mechanical wood processing club) (Aalto), Process Engineering Guild (OY), Kemistklubben (ÅA), Materiaali-insinöörikilta ry (guild for Materials Engineering Science) (TAU), Paperikerho ry (Bioproduct Engineering student's guild) (TAMK), Chemical Engineering Guild (LUT) ja Savonlinnan Insinööriopiskelijat SAIO ry (Engineering students in XAMK).
Our student coordinator network is going to be created during spring 2023 and the actual activity will start in autumn (2023) after a thourough familiarisation.
In addition we hope for
- Good IT-skills such as knowledge of MS Office
- Communication and marketing experience from work or from activities in school organizations.
The position is fixed-period (1 or 2 years) and part-time (about one day a week excluding May-August). The biggest workload in the campuses focuses in the spring season to February-March and in the fall season to Septemper-October. In addition we hope to have some help from the coordinators in April and November for PI's own events. PI's facilities are in Otaniemi, Espoo but the coordinators work mainly locally in their campuses. Work assignments and time are flexible and can be discussed and they can be very different depending on your activity. The student coordinators will be paid accoriding to their working hours.
You can contact PI's Project Manager Donika Morina, 050 341 7508, firstname.lastname@example.org for any question regarding the position or the application process.
Apply by sending your CV and application letter in a pdf-format to: email@example.com. Mark in the topic of your application message: ”PI's student coordinator application"