PI grants awards for outstanding theses and for excellent presentations at the Johan Gullichsen colloquium.
The Andritz Oy Award
The Andritz Oy Award is granted in recognition of an outstanding thesis in the field of fiber production or modification. The amount of the Award is a maximum of 3 000 €, and it is given out in the spring at the Annual General Meeting. The Award may be divided between several recipients. The application closes on 15 March.
The Valmet Sustainable Pulping Award
The Valmet Sustainable Pulping Award is an award by Valmet and it is granted for and outstanding thesis related to following areas:
- Chemical and mechanical pulping
- Side streams and recovery processes of pulping
- Wood-based textile processes
- Wood-based micro and nanocellulose processes or
- Practical applications of the previous
Best thesis is selected among the applications. Award is granted at the Autumn meeting. The amount of the award is 5 000 € and it may be divided among several recipients.
Apply before 15 October.
For the Andritz Oy Award and the Valmet Sustainable Pulping Award applications, please provide following appendices:
- Curriculum Vitae or other statement of qualifications
- Account of other grants or scholarships applied and received
- Certified transcript of records including course grades, the grade average, and credit units
- The summary and the statement/review of the thesis
- Possible recommendations
The Niilo Ryti Award
Granted for an outstanding dissertation on paper technology completed at the Aalto University School of Chemical Engineering. The recipient of the Award is decided on the basis of propsals made by the professors of Aalto University. The Award is granted a maximum of once per year, and its amount is a maximum of 5 000 €.
The Gullichsen Award
The Award is granted for an outstanding presentation given at an international conference in a field of forest and related industry. The amount of the award is 2 000 € and it is granted at a pre-designated conference. In 2019 the award was granted at Nordic Wood Biorefinery Conference (NWBC).